It’s springtime! The weather is getting warmer and bathing suit season is right around the corner. Here are 5 fresh fit tips to help you get in shape and look great this summer.
1. Get Some Fresh Air - There’s nothing like feeling sunshine on your face and a cool breeze at your back. You can keep your muscles looking lean by taking your fitness program outside. Do squats and push-ups on a park bench or picnic table, or meet us at the Corning Preserve (starting in March) and try our outdoor fitness bootcamp. Be creative and have fun!
2. Stay Hydrated –.Keep your skin looking and feeling fresh by drinking purified water from a stainless steel water bottle (some plastic water bottles may contain harmful BPA’s). Add a fresh lemon to your water to help cleanse your body, reduce joint pain, and fight unhealthy bacteria and viruses. Be sure to drink plenty of water during exercise to prevent muscle cramping and fatigue.
3. Spring Cleaning – Clean up your diet and support your local community. Take a walk to the farmer’s market, absorb some vitamin, and stock your fridge with plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables. Dried fruit and nuts at your desk are great when you need a healthy snack. Check out our website for a listing of local farmer’s markets!
4. Freshen up your Tunes - Update your playlist with energetic music to help keep you motivated and put a “spring” in your step. Let the music move you and set your pace by adding songs with a variety of beats and tempos.
5. Brighten your Day - Take advantage of the extra daylight! Start your day with a 10-15 minute brisk walk. Stay motivated and walk with a friend or co-worker. Make sure to keep your gym bag and walking shoes in plain sight so there’s no excuse not to get moving.
Find out how the Synergy Fitness team is helping clients look and feel healthier!
Visit www.gotosynergyfitness.com to follow our trainer’s blogs, get exercise and nutrition tips and learn more about our upcoming promotions and fitness programs.
Get ready to take your body and fitness to the next level with Synergy Bootcamp!
Why Synergy Bootcamp?
Our bootcamp workouts are a great way to lose weight and get in shape while having fun. You'll experience a dynamic, total body workout while receiving motivation and support from your instructor and team members.
What activities will we do in your bootcamp?
A typical bootcamp workout includes: Obstacle courses, team challenges, calistenics, core conditioning, plyometrics, functional resistance training, Tabata intervals, and more.
What does your bootcamp session include?
You'll receive twenty-four (24) calorie burning workouts and a fat loss nutrition plan to help you look and perform your absolute best.
What equipment is involved?
In our bootcamp classes, you'll use a variety of resistance training tools. For example: Your own body weight, medicine balls, resistance tubing, balance trainers, agility ladders, and much more. We'll also use many of the resources available in downtown to create our own "Urban Playground" (park benches, stairs at the Pedestrian walkway, curbs, etc.)
When and where do the classes meet?
Classes meet every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 54 State Street and start promptly at 5:30pm. Each class is 45-minutes in duration and takes place in downtown Albany, either indoors at our specilaized training facility, or outdoorss at Tricentennial Park or the Corning Preserve.
How much does it cost?
- Students... $99
- Omni Fitness Center Member... $129
- Non- Member.... $199
8 - week session starts Monday, March 5th
Create the body you've always wanted, click here to get started.
Bryan has authored health and fitness columns for the BID Digest. He was previously a co-host of "Weigh-in on Wellness", a live talk radio program focused on optimal health. Follow his blog for the latest, most accurate health and fitness information.