It’s springtime! The weather is getting warmer and bathing suit season is right around the corner. Here are 5 fresh fit tips to help you get in shape and look great this summer.
1. Get Some Fresh Air - There’s nothing like feeling sunshine on your face and a cool breeze at your back. You can keep your muscles looking lean by taking your fitness program outside. Do squats and push-ups on a park bench or picnic table, or meet us at the Corning Preserve (starting in March) and try our outdoor fitness bootcamp. Be creative and have fun!
2. Stay Hydrated –.Keep your skin looking and feeling fresh by drinking purified water from a stainless steel water bottle (some plastic water bottles may contain harmful BPA’s). Add a fresh lemon to your water to help cleanse your body, reduce joint pain, and fight unhealthy bacteria and viruses. Be sure to drink plenty of water during exercise to prevent muscle cramping and fatigue.
3. Spring Cleaning – Clean up your diet and support your local community. Take a walk to the farmer’s market, absorb some vitamin, and stock your fridge with plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables. Dried fruit and nuts at your desk are great when you need a healthy snack. Check out our website for a listing of local farmer’s markets!
4. Freshen up your Tunes - Update your playlist with energetic music to help keep you motivated and put a “spring” in your step. Let the music move you and set your pace by adding songs with a variety of beats and tempos.
5. Brighten your Day - Take advantage of the extra daylight! Start your day with a 10-15 minute brisk walk. Stay motivated and walk with a friend or co-worker. Make sure to keep your gym bag and walking shoes in plain sight so there’s no excuse not to get moving.
Find out how the Synergy Fitness team is helping clients look and feel healthier!
Visit www.gotosynergyfitness.com to follow our trainer’s blogs, get exercise and nutrition tips and learn more about our upcoming promotions and fitness programs.
Bryan has authored health and fitness columns for the BID Digest. He was previously a co-host of "Weigh-in on Wellness", a live talk radio program focused on optimal health. Follow his blog for the latest, most accurate health and fitness information.